Real Estate Litigation
We have developed a nationwide practice in the resolution of disputes involving a broad range of real estate matters, including representing owners, lenders, institutional and individual investors, operators, developers, real estate partnerships, limited partners, joint ventures, and commercial landlords and tenants. On behalf of several of the largest privately-held real estate companies in the country, we have achieved extraordinary settlements through an aggressive, highly creative approach that draws on the experience of our Real Estate Group and litigated such matters to their conclusion, when necessary.
Examples of recent cases include:
- We avoided litigation by negotiating disputes between major property owners and their lenders.
- We represented a major property owner in a dispute regarding a tenant’s assertion of expansion rights to connect to an adjacent building owned by a different party.
- We represented various landlords against defaulting tenants, including defeating attempted Yellowstone injunctions.
- We represented a landlord in a malpractice claim against a tenant’s architect.
- We represented a commercial loan servicer against a defaulting borrower on a mortgage loan secured by an office building.
- We represented borrowers in loan workouts with lenders, with respect to development properties and industrial properties.
- We defended a hotel resort in state court and on appeal against a mortgagee’s efforts to seize by ex parte injunction resort property and casualty insurance proceeds, which allowed for the reconstruction of resort facilities.
- We represented property owners against their co-owners in resolving management issues.
- We provided pre-litigation strategic advice to facilitate our client’s acquisitions of contested interests in a major office tower complex.