Chester B. Salomon has represented debtors, creditors, lenders, trustees, litigants and asset purchasers in complex Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 cases for more than 40 years. He has served as Chapter 11 trustee, Chapter 7 trustee and examiner in cases in the New York metropolitan area. Mr. Salomon has spoken publicly in the United States and Europe and has written numerous articles on insolvency topics. He is frequently consulted by the news media when matters of bankruptcy make the headlines. Since 2009, he has been actively defending claimants and litigants in prominent Ponzi schemes and clawback cases, and has represented foreign liquidators in cases in the United States.
As published in The New York Times, Mr. Salomon has been recognized from 2006 to 2010 as a New York Super Lawyer, having been selected by his peers as being among the top 5 percent of lawyers in the state.
- In Fraudulent Transfer Matters, Landlord and Tenant Rights in Insolvencies, and Contested Claims Matters
- Represented a German Insolvency Administrator in a Chapter 11 case in Texas for an American airplane parts distributor in which the German Debtor was the parent and the largest unsecured creditor of the Texas Debtor, and negotiated a successful Chapter 11 plan involving an asset sale
- Represents a California asset-based lender in bankruptcy cases around the country
- Represents New York landlords in bankruptcy cases of their tenants
- Represents individual and corporate, domestic and foreign, clawback defendants and potential defendants in cases pending in the Southern District of New York